Translate

Tuesday 15 July 2014

An Evening with RJ Couture & JKhan


Last June, once again I've been invited to RJ Couture and JKhan fashion show for Raya Collection preview hosted by Datuk RahmahJan Sulaiman Khan. I've received my invitation card after I'm back from Kuching. It been awhile they didn't come out their latest collection and I'm wondering what will they present on that night. Datuk RahmahJan and her sister Zubaidah collaboration in their designs is a perfect combo; famous with French lace, sparkling semi-precious stones and high quality fabrics in each of their designs. I managed to watch how they work at their beautiful atelier back in 2011 and I feel blessed to get the opportunity. They are the ones taught me well about fashion. It is my biggest hope that Sabah will produce more local designers with international flair in future.
 

As stated on the invitation card dress code for the gents in black tie attire and ladies in glamorous dress. Honestly, I'm not good on that part. I just follow the flow and wear what I have. I don't even have the mood "dress to impress". The event was on 22 of June and held at The Magellan Ballroom, Sutera Harbour Resort in Kota Kinabalu. I arrived to the event with my two friends Ms.Shafferra and Ms.Sharrona . Both of them dressed up accordingly with their own style. I love the details on Shafferra's dress. She wore a fitted dress in heavenly lace with white sequins. The dress itself is a stunner. Sharrona wore a fitted black dress that compliment her curvy figure. Simplicity always win. Three of us step in to the ballroom earlier to avoid the crowd and search our seats. The ambiance inside the ballroom was okay and well managed arrangement. The backdrop all in black surround with lush red roses and bold centre stage are perfect. I love the table setting; simple yet elegant. The event started around 8 PM after the arrival Minister of Tourism, Culture and Environment Datuk Masidi Manjun. The ballroom fully packed with beautiful ladies and dashing gents. It was a fun evening to observe and admire the guests attire. There are few catch my attention with style and few appeared interestingly funny.
 
RJ Couture and JKhan presented their 60 latest collections including few leather bags. It was a successful show and excellent collection. Most of the designs suitable for in the age of late 20's to late 40's. I love the fabrics that they choose. Simple clean cuts yet pure elegant in each of their dresses. The bag collections are the charmer of the night. It's on trend. The colours, shape and texture simply perfect combination. Yes, most of the guests give their positive respond. After the fashion show, Mr. Sam entertaining the guests while enjoying their gourmet meal by Sutera Harbour Resort's top chefs'. Huge surprise birthday cake by Datuk RahmahJan to her elder sister Zaharah and special appearance of  Malaysia's Jazz Queen; Datuk Sheila Majid. An extra highlight for the night. The event ended with big applause and happy smile with RJ Couture paper bag in their hands. 

1 comment:

.